APPLY TO BECOME AN SSE WILDCATS CENTRE
What is SSE Wildcats?
The FA and SSE have developed an initiative designed to inspire girls aged 5-11 to be involved in football. SSE Wildcats Girls’ Football Centres provide girls with regular opportunities to play football and take part in organised sessions in a fun and engaging environment.
Each SSE Wildcats Girls’ Football Centre is run in conjunction with local County FAs utilising qualified coaches and local facilities to offer girls a location nearby where they can get involved.
In 2018, over 800 centres took part, getting over 20,000 girls’ playing football.
How do I apply?
An application link will be added to this article when the window opens on Thursday 1st November, which is when you will be able to submit your application to us.
For further information please refer to the guidance notes.
Before submitting your application, please contact our Female Football Development Officer - Rafe.Turner@BirminghamFA.com - to ensure your application meets the criteria.
Important: Submitting an application does not guarantee becoming an SSE Wildcats Centre, the outcome is determined by whether you meet The FA criteria or not.
What was the inspiration behind sse wildcats?
- Only 3% of mini teams are girls only.
- Just 41% of girls aged under 10 play football.
- To give girls aged 5-11 the opportunity to experience football in a fun and safe environment.
- To support The FA’s strategic objective to double female participation by 2020.
- To support the objective to make football the number one sport of choice for women and girls by 2021.
The application window closes on Tuesday 4th