We are looking to recruit a passionate developer of people to join the exceptional team at Birmingham County Football Association (BCFA).
The RDO will develop and implement effective recruitment and retention strategies and pro-actively develop our existing workforce of over 1,500 match officials. The Post Holder will design and deliver an innovative range of learning and development opportunities including soft skills for new and existing match officials and operational tactics to increase the number of active BAME and female referees officiating within all the various formats of the game.
A dedicated team player, you will encourage cross-business teamwork and external collaboration in order to drive operational and business plan objectives and positively impact on our FA KPI’s.
The generic responsibilities will include:
- Identify and map match official provision and League requirements across all formats of the game within the BCFA boundary
- Design and pro-actively deliver effective recruitment, retention and people development strategies including regular CPD
- Liaise with and support all League Appointing Officers and other dedicated volunteers in the delivery of match official development initiatives
- Provide support and guidance to the BCFA’s Development Group Lead, the BCFA Referees’ Committee & Football Development Team
- Provide support to the BCFA’s Safeguarding team to ensure compliance with Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adult policies & RESPECT initiatives
- Manage the identification of aspiring match officials for inclusion with the BCFA’s Referee Development Pathway and the FA ‘CORE’ programme
- Lead in the support and development of match official volunteers
- Support the Football Services team to ensure an effective and efficient football discipline process and the part match officials play including reporting
- Promote and manage the online registration process for match official registration including data cleansing
- Use a range of innovative communication methods to inform and inspire match officials and the volunteer workforce
- Ensure that BCFA effectively implement and maintain the FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard within football
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 6th October 2019. Interviews are scheduled to be held on Wednesday 16th October 2019.
Due to the expected interest in the role, if applicants have not heard back from the BCFA by Friday 11th October then we will not be pursuing your application any further.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY