JOIN THE TEAM: NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR VACANCIES
Join the team: non-executive director vacancies
Up to six positions available
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY HAS ARISEN TO JOIN THE TEAM AT BIRMINGHAM COUNTY FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION AS A NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR. THE POSITIONS ARE VOLUNTARY, FOR WHICH AGREED OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES WILL BE PROVIDED. THE APPOINTMENTS START ON 1ST JULY 2018 WITH STAGGERED ONE, TWO OR THREE YEAR TERMS OF OFFICE.
The Board of Directors of the Birmingham County Football Association (BCFA) directs and monitors the business affairs of the Association. In doing so, the Directors determine the vision, strategy, plans, policies and financial investment required to achieve the overall long-term business objectives.
Directors are appointed on a staggered basis and for a maximum of three, three year terms. The post requires a commitment to attend bi-monthly Board meetings which are during office hours at the County Headquarters and to support and promote the aims, objectives and activities of the Association.
The BCFA requires Directors with a specific responsibility at a senior level in at least one of the following areas of expertise:
Equality/Diversity; Commercial/Business Development; Sport Participation/Development; Finance/Funding/Investment; Facility Development; PR/Marketing; Customer Engagement; Human Resources; Safeguarding.
The principle accountabilities are summarised below:
- To serve as a Director of the Company and to actively participate in its strategic management.
- To execute the responsibilities of a Company Director in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation.
- To safeguard the assets of the business along with the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Association.
- To assist in establishing a clear vision and strategies which deliver the business plan objectives and regularly review overall performance and within specific areas of responsibility.
- To act as the Board ‘Champion’ in an area of expertise and effectively mentor, guide and advise the business lead on related matters.
- To ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the CEO and the executive, providing a supportive role in helping achieve the strategic aims and objectives of the business.
- To set challenging objectives for continuously improved performance and business growth.
- To jointly oversee the management of risk to the Association.
- To develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure.
- To monitor the financial affairs of the Association and ensure the effective use of BCFA finances, FA funding and other grants and resources and assist in additional funding opportunities.
- To promote equality of opportunity and a football for all ethos in a safe sporting environment throughout the Association and its membership.
The relevant forms and further details can be found on our vacancies page.
To apply please complete the application form and send it along with a covering letter marked “Private and Confidential” to: Chief Executive Officer, Birmingham County FA, Ray Hall Lane, Great Barr, Birmingham, B43 6JF or via email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 27th April 2018 at 4pm. Interviews are scheduled to take place during the day on Tuesday 8th May and Friday 11th May at the County FA headquarters. If you do not receive a reply by the 4th May then please consider your application unsuccessful.
The Birmingham County FA is committed to equal opportunities and ‘football for all’. We welcome all applications for any paid and volunteer roles irrespective of LSE background, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or marital status.