PITCH IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME
Every year Birmingham County FA run a free IOG Level 1 Winter Pitches Course for clubs involved in our Pitch Improvement Programme (PIP).
The purpose of this course is to equip our grounds maintenance workforces, who are largely volunteers, with a better understanding of appropriate grounds maintenance application and procedures.
Earlier this year we attended the 2019 course, which took place at Sihillians Sports Club, to interview participants about the different learning outcomes and benefits they have experienced.
The course forms part of the support we offer grassroots clubs through our Pitch Improvement Programme. To get involved please follow the steps below:
- Contact Oliver.Hitchcox@BirminghamFA.com and request a PIP Expression of Interest form
- Complete the Expression of Interest form and return it to Oliver.Hitchcox@BirminghamFA.com
- You will be contacted by our IOG Regional Pitch Advisor to arrange a visit to your site by carrying out a pitch assessment
- Once the visit and assessment has been completed, you will receive a detailed report on their findings. You will then be contacted by Birmingham County FA about what funding support can be provided to deliver the recommendations in your report.
- Approximately 12 months after your first visit, we will arrange for a follow up visit to take place to measure the improvement made in your pitches
Football Foundation Groundskeeping Community
The Football Foundation has recently launched the new Football Foundation Groundskeeping Community on Hive. This is a forum where questions can be answered, information will be shared and support videos will be uploaded.
To access the site and register please visit: firstname.lastname@example.org