THE FA IS LOOKING TO APPOINT COACH MENTORS TO SUPPORT LOCAL COUNTY FOOTBALL ASSOCIATIONS
The Football Association is looking to appoint Coach Mentors to support local County Football Associations.
They will work with specific projects, supporting:
- FA Charter Standard Clubs
- Specific target groups (BAME, Female and Disability)
- Grassroots Clubs
- League Support
- Post-Qualification Support
FA Coach Mentors are recruited on a part-time basis to deliver an agreed sum of hours of mentoring support to grassroots coaches across a 12-month period. Mentors will provide quality targeted support that challenges coaches to excel in their work and enhance coaching standards nationally.
The aim of the mentoring programme is:
- To support the development of coaches in grassroots football leaving a lasting legacy
- To work with clubs to identify the needs of coaches
- To mentor and support coaches
- To observe, provide feedback and create action plans for clubs and individuals
- To develop and deliver a programme of support for coaches across the four corners
- To support coach development, focusing upon the knowledge, skills and attributes to be an effective coach
- To support and develop reflection skills
- To deliver individual, bespoke club-based events to support the learning of coaches
The mentoring programme will meet the needs of coaches at a local level, promoting and cascading the principles of the England DNA, as well as linking with The FA Respect programme.
We now seek applications from prospective mentors with the right credentials, knowledge, skills, attributes and time to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches.
If you wish to be considered for one of the Coach Mentor positions please click here to complete the application form and attach your CV.
Unfortunately, as we will not be able to respond to everyone individually, if you do not hear from us by Wednesday 12 February 2020, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 10 February 2020. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 13 February 2020.
No further interview or induction dates will be available this year, therefore please only apply if you are able to commit to attend these dates.