Birmingham County FA has a unique opportunity for two individuals to join the organisation as part of the Government’s Kickstart Scheme.
The first role being based in the Development Team as a Football Workforce Officer, supporting the Senior Workforce Officer with the development of courses for the Football Workforce. The second role being based in the Services Team as a Football Compliance Officer, working across the Club and League network supporting vital administration processes.
To apply, you must be eligible for the Government’s Kickstart Scheme: you will be aged 18-24 and currently in receipt of Universal Credit.
Hours of work: 35 hours a week (Remote working)
Working closely with the Football Development and Football Services teams, the successful applicant will gain a range of experiences in the world of football.
There will be numerous opportunities in the role for personal and professional development, with support towards relevant qualifications in football provided. Alongside this there will be opportunity to work with your line manager to enhance your job application skills.
· To support delivery of The FA Grassroots Football Strategy and the Birmingham County FA Business Strategy.
· To assist in the efficient running of the Football Workforce department.
· To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
· To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
· To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
· Support the delivery of the BCFA Business Plan objectives and achieve our National Game targets across the business in line within the Annual Operation Plan.
· Support the BCFA’s safeguarding work, in line with legislation, FA Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Regulations by contributing to the implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for BCFA against specific National Game targets.
· Liaise and communicate with League and Club Welfare Officers to ensure the volunteer workforce is compliant.
• GCSEs at Grade C (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Commitment to delivering exceptional standards of customer service.
• Excellent IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Attention to detail and an ability to manage accurate recording and reporting of information.
• Practical experience of sports/football development.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of inclusion, equality, anti-discrimination and safeguarding.
• Knowledge of the structure and partner organisations within football, nationally and within the County FA locality.
Birmingham County FA is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role.
Please contact your local Job Centre and speak to your Work Coach – enquiring about the Kickstarter Roles with Birmingham County Football Association Ltd – B43 6JF.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
Only candidates who meet the Government’s eligibility criteria for Kickstart will be considered.
As soon as a suitable candidate is interviewed the position will be closed to further applicants, so you are advised to apply as soon as possible.
ABOUT THE KICKSTART SCHEME:
The Kickstart Scheme is a new programme launched by the Government to fund new job roles for 16-24 years olds who are currently in receipt of Universal Credit.
The programme is aimed at preventing young people who are currently unemployed facing long term unemployment. The roles at Birmingham County FA are for applicants aged 18-24 only.
You must be in receipt of Universal Credit and meet the Job Centre eligibility requirements. Applications received from applicants outside the age group states, who do not meet the Kickstart Schemes’ eligibility requirements will not be considered.
Workforce Officer Role
Compliance Officer Role