A fabulous opportunity has arisen to join the team at Birmingham County Football Association as Finance Officer.
The successful candidate will join a fantastic team and manage and monitor the day-to-day finances of the business and Benevolent Fund and maintain and develop efficient and effective financial accounting practices and processes.
The Finance Officer will analyse financial activities and provide advice and guidance to the Senior Leadership on future financial, risk, compliance, strategies and solutions. The post-holder will play a crucial role in developing and implementing financial plans and policies that support the organisations growth and profitability.
The Finance Officer will also support the successful delivery of the BCFA Business Plan objectives and FA’s National Game Strategy and KPI’s as well as maintaining the financial aspects of the FA’s Code of Governance.
The full time role may appeal to someone who started their journey in a financial career two or more years ago and is looking to take a step up in responsibilities.
A part time option may also appeal to a more experienced candidate who is looking for a better work/life balance at this stage of their career or someone returning to the workplace after an absence.
We have a great team full of supportive people with employees benefitting from a flexible/hybrid approach to work* and over 25 staff benefits which includes Nike kit and access to FA and England tickets.
* after three months’ probation and as per the hybrid working policy
Please click here to download an application pack, including role profile and person specification
Job title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Up to £28,000pa (based on experience) + benefits
Strategic Group Membership: The post holder will be a Trustee and Secretary for the BCFA’s Benevolent Fund
• Maintain the financial health of the organisation and BCFA Benevolent Fund
• Develop financial strategy in line with the BCFA’s business plan and external grants
• Develop cost-effective management mechanisms and financial policies that minimise financial risk
• Develop and manage the financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems including cash flow/forecasts and projections
• Maintain financial compliance as per the FA’s Code of Governance
• Produce accurate financial reports to deadlines for the CEO, Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and BCFA Board
• Assist with the production of budgets and then manage and monitor budgets whilst providing insight and analysis and recommending further courses of action, financial solutions and cost reductions
• Manage BCFA’s investment portfolio in conjunction with BCFA Director (Finance)
• Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations, legislation and compliance
• Carry out month end and year end processes and produce accurate reports
• Liaise with external auditors/Independent Examiner to ensure annual monitoring is carried out in time for AGM
Please email a copy of your CV along with a ONE PAGE covering letter detailing why you are a good fit for this role, to: The Chief Executive: email@example.com – please add: ‘Finance Officer application’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 24th September with interviews scheduled for the Friday 29th September at Birmingham County FA’s Headquarters: Ray Hall Lane, Great Barr, Birmingham, B43 6JF
We would also appreciate it if you could complete and submit our Equality and Diversity Monitoring form, which can be accessed by clicking HERE
If any applicants do not hear from BCFA by Wednesday 27th September then your application has been unsuccessful.