FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
Minimum Age: 16 years
Course Duration: One day
Leading To: The FA Level 3 Emergency Medical First Aid in Football (EMFAiF)View available dates
The overall aim of The FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) is to raise the standard of first aid provision within football.
It goes beyond generic first aid and includes elements specific to football.
To book a course near you, please click 'Find dates'. Please note that learners will need to adhere to the latest Covid-19 safety guidelines to attend this course; details will be sent to you prior to your course starting.
We will be launching more EFAiF courses throughout the 22/23 season.
If you want to be the first to know when new courses are released in different areas, please complete the form below.
The course will cover:
- The role of the First Aider in football
- The jaw thrust as an airway opening technique for a contact sport such as football
- The A-E approach of the injured footballer (inclusive of the unconscious footballer)
- Emergency Action planning for football Preparation for action for sudden cardiac arrest in the young
- Recognition, BLS with AED
- The FA Concussion guidelines and concussion management from a first aid perspective for football
- Dispelling the myths of first aid in football
- The football specific first aid kit and record keeping
- Duty of care in football
- Medical emergencies in football
- Focusing on those illnesses that can lead to life threatening injuries in football
- Limb threatening injuries in football
- Wounds and bleeding / Fracture management for football
- Acute soft tissue injury management in football
- Spinal injuries in football, manual in line stabilisation and assisting the ambulance crew with a log roll
- Paediatric elements to all of the above
Course Pre-requisitesThe course is applicable to coaches, team managers, parents, teachers, volunteers and carers
To provide a you with the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to:
- Attend a conscious or unconscious casualty
- Ensure that appropriate care is given until the emergency medical services arrive and take over, or until an alternate healthcare professional assumes responsibility for the casualty
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!
Please click on the link below to view all available dates for this course, and to book your place on it.
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
Should a candidate need to cancel their place on a course for any reason, the following criteria will apply:
- 21 working days’ notice – Full refund less a £10 administration charge, transfer available at a £10 admin charge.
- 8-20 working days’ notice – No refund, transfer available at a £10 admin charge.
- 0-7 working days’ notice – No refund or transfer available.
Consideration will be given to candidates who, for health reasons are unable to attend and require a transfer to another course. A letter from a doctor or medical professional may be requested.
Any missed days will be charged at £35.00 per day in order for you to complete your course
Failure to attend Day 1of a course will result in none completion with no refund
Please ensure you can attend all dates prior to booking
Charges have been applied due to the increasing volume of learners missing sessions
Unfortunately not. Each individual learner is required to book their place using their own FAN and password. This is to ensure our information on medical conditions, emergency contacts etc is accurate and up to date. The booking agreement is always between Birmingham County FA and the individual learner.
No, learners are required to attend all dates and times associated to the course they have booked onto. Failure to attend all dates and times will result in non-qualification and individuals will need to book and pay to attend the course again in full to become certificated.
We are unable to reserve places or take part payments for any of our courses. Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis from online registration where full payment is required.
To express an interest in one of our courses, please email email@example.com along with your name, email and which course you are enquiring about.
GET IN TOUCH