We are looking for 12 young people between the ages of 16-24 from all over the county to represent children and young people and help shape and develop football in this county.
Our vision is to inspire, empower and provide a voice for all children and young people to influence change, and develop a lasting legacy in football.
Birmingham FA is delighted to announce the application process to be part of the Birmingham FA Youth Council for season 2016/17 is now open. If you are aged 16-24 and have a passion for volunteering in football then this is an opportunity for you.
The BCFA Youth Council have been together for four years now and are there to provide a voice to young people on how grassroots football is delivered in the county. They also help to deliver a variety of projects and programmes which support the FA National Game Strategy, these have included:
- Empowering Youth Workshops
- Young Leadership Events
- Young Leadership Development Programme
- BCFA College Disability recreational league
- Girls Football Activator Workshop
- Creation of BCFA Youth Council Ezine (quarterly newsletter)
You will need to:
- Be committed to attending and actively participating in all BCFA Youth Council monthly meetings (these are held on the third Monday of the month)
- Be committed to the aims of BCFA Youth Council and providing a voice for children and young people.
- Be willing to actively participate in the work of the Birmingham Youth Council
- Be able to deliver and attend various football events related to the role
- Be able to support a minimum of three BCFA County Cups
- Register or already be registered with the BCFA Football Futures Programme
- Be willing to complete the FA CRC process
We are recruiting for the following roles, please see below job descriptions for more information:
Why does Birmingham FA have a FA Youth Council?
Young people are the future of our game; our future players and our future workforce. Therefore it’s vital we engage and retain them in football from an early age to secure the future of football. The Birmingham FA Youth Council acts as an advisory board and representative body for children and young people. The Birmingham FA Youth Council aims to inspire, empower and provide a voice for all children and young people to influence change, and develop a lasting legacy in football.
If this is something you are interested in please complete the application form.
Sunday 10th July 5pm – Application Deadline
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 11th July. Candidates will be informed by close of play on Tuesday 12th July whether they have been selected for interview.
All candidates will be expected to be able to attend an interview that will take place at Birmingham County FA, Ray Hall Lane, Great Barr.
Interviews will be held on Monday 18th July 2016 – 9am-6pm
Please return completed applications to Michael.Thurlow@Birminghamfa.com by 5.00pm on Sunday 10th July 2016.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted. To arrange an informal discussion, please contact Michael.Thurlow@Birminghamfa.com or 0121 357 4278 Ext: 213
Birmingham County FA Youth Council Structure 2016 - 17